Monday, October 17, 2011

Social Bookmarking

Social bookmarking sites are a list of your favorite sites housed not on your computer, but rather in cyberspace. It is a virtual collection of your favorite places to visit on the internet.

I cant believe I did not know about social bookmarking sites. I have often saved sites at home or emailed them to myself for me to not be able to get them to work in my classroom. I went and visited the Eduaction portion of Diigo and it said:

  • You can create student accounts for an entire class with just a few clicks (and student email addresses are optional for account creation)
  • Students of the same class are automatically set up as a Diigo group so they can start using all the benefits that a Diigo group provides, such as group bookmarks and annotations, and group forums.
  • Privacy settings of student accounts are pre-set so that only teachers and classmates can communicate with them.
  • Ads presented to student account users are limited to education-related sponsors.
It seems pretty safe to use with my class and a great way to collect websites together and have them in one place. I could put specific websites that I wanted my students to use for research all in one place. I love it.

Sites:
Diigo.com
Del.icio.us.com

No comments:

Post a Comment